The Central government proposed amendments to the consumer protection (e-commerce) Rules, 2020 which recommended by a parliamentary panel headed by Member of parliament by Partap Singh Bajwa.
The new draft rules came out because of e-commerce giants such as Filpkart and Amazon are being investigated for alleged abuse of market dominance and give preferential treatment to sellers of indirect stakes.
NEW DRAFT RULES:-
This proposed changes aim to tighten the existing regulatory regime and make e-commerce companies more accountable.
1) Mandatory registration of e-commerce entities.
2) Disclosure regarding cross-selling of goods
3) Prohibition of mis-selling of goods
4) Ban on fraud flash sales.
5) Grievance Redressal Mechanism
6) Prevention of preferential treatment
7) Non-discrimination between imported and domestic goods.
8) Prevention of abuse of dominant position
9) Final liability to rest on the e-commerce platforms
These amendents shall ensure more accountability for e-commerce companies.
For more updates join us on WhatsApp.