In Re contagion of Covid virus in children protection homes- suomoto case.
A bench of justices passed the direction in the suo moto case. The court has taken this matter to consider the problems affecting children during Covid -19.
The Supreme Court has directed States/UTs that there is no break in the education of children who lost their parents and became orphans due to Covid -19 pandemic.
The bench also passed directions to the States/UTs to upload information about orphans in the national portal of the NCPCR.
Directions passed by the Bench:-
1) States/UTs are directed to identify the orphans and who lost their parents due to Covid after March 2020.
2) District Child Protection Units directed to contact the affected children and get information about the death of parents.
3) DCPO directed to furnish his phone number, name and follow up with the child, atleast once in a month.
4) They are directed to make provisions for continuance of education of children both in government as well as in private schools.
5) If DCPO is of the Prima facie opinion then guardian should produce the child before the CWC.
6) Child Welfare Committees provide all essential needs to the child.
7) If there is illegal adoptions then states/UTs are directed to take action against those NGOs/ individuals.
Join Lawcutor on Whatsapp for more update.