Free jabs for 18-44 age group : Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

In a speech that lasted close to 35 minutes, the PM primarily focused on India’s new vaccine strategy. He said the Centre, after observing developments during the deadly second wave of infections, has decided to once again take charge of procuring vaccines and will provide them to the States. He added that those in the 18-44 age group will henceforth get their doses free.

In May of this year, the Centre had issued a revised vaccine procurement policy allowing states to buy 25 per cent of all vaccines produced directly from the manufacturers. Out of the remaining 75 per cent, 50 per cent of vaccines were earmarked for central procurement and the other 25 per cent for private hospitals.

State governments will still be responsible for monitoring vaccinations being carried out by private hospitals and private hospitals can only charge a max of Rs 150 as service fee, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said.

Join Lawcutor on Whatsapp for more update.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s