Supreme Court Judge, Justice Shantanagoudar passed away on April 24th, 2021 at the age of 62 after battling with a long illness.
Before being appointed as the Supreme Court Judge on February 17th, 2021, Justice Shantanagoudar was the Chief Justice of Kerela.
Legal Background of Justice Shantanagoudar:
1. Enrolled as an advocate on 05.09.1980
2. Practiced for one year at Dharwad in the chambers of Sri I.G Hiregoudar
3. Joined the chambers of Advocate Sri Shivaraj V. Patil.
4. In 1984, he started independent practice in the criminal, civil and constitutional matters.
5. From 1991-1993 he served as the vice chairman of Karnataka State Bar Council of India.
6. Served as the chairman of Karnataka State Bar Council of India from 1995-1996
7. From 1999 to 2002, he served as the state public prosecutor of Karnataka.
8. Appointed as the Karnataka High court’s Additional Judge on May 12th, 2003
9. Transferred as the judge of High Court of Kerela.
10. Sworn in as the Kerela High Court’s Chief Justice on September 22nd, 2016
11. Elevated as Supreme Court Judge on February 17th, 2017