The University Grants Commission (UGC) on Wednesday announced a list of 24 self-styled, unrecognised institutions in the country, terming them as fake with maximum of them operating from Uttar Pradesh followed by Delhi.
“Students and public are informed that currently 24 self-styled, unrecognised institutions are functioning in contravention of the UGC Act, which have been declared as fake universities and these are not empowered to confer any degree,” UGC Secretary Rajnish Jain said.
- Commercial University Ltd. Daryaganj.
- United Nations University.
- Vocational University.
- ADR-Centric Juridical University.
- Indian Institution of Science and Engineering.
- Viswakarma Open University for Self-employment, India, Rozgar Sewasadan
- Adhyatmik Vishwavidyalaya (Spiritual University)
- Badaganvi Sarkar World Open University Education Society
- St. John’s University, Kishanattam.
- Raja Arabic University.
- Indian Institute of Alternative Medicine
- Institute of Alternative Medicine and Research
- Varanaseya Sanskrit Vishwavidyala
- Mahila Gram Vidyapith/Vishwavidyalaya, (Women’s University)
- Gandhi Hindi Vidyapith
- National University of Electro Complex Homeopathy
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose University (Open University)
- Uttar Pradesh Vishwavidyalaya, Kosi Kalan
- Maharana Partap Shiksha Niketan Vishwavidyalaya
- Indraprastha Shiksha Parishad
- Nababharat Shiksha Parishad, Anupoorna Bhawan
- North Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology, University
- Sree Bodhi academy of Higher Education
- Christ New Testament Deemed University