The office of Registrar General Manoj Jain, issued the Standard Operating Procedure for conducting physical Delhi high court hearings. The SOP includes the following points:
- The Delhi High Court to be open for all five working days from September 1.
- The sitting of judges and sitting benches would be on rotation basis.
- Only one advocate per party whose case is listed for the day would be allowed to enter or party-in-person, who is pursuing his case without legal assistance.
- Senior Counsel, registered clerks and standing or nominated counsel of any party whose case is listed for the day, will be permitted.
- Junior counsels, interns, law students and non-registered clerks are not permitted.
- It is mandatory to wear a mask, go through thermal screening, sanitisation of hands, follow social and physical distancing.
- Court blocks shall have time allotment for hearing cases, which shall be limited to 10 cases per time-slot.
- The premises shall also consist of a COVID-19 isolation room along with emergency Ambulance.