The AFTs principal bench head Justice Rajender Menon has inaugurated hearings through video conferencing for all 10 regional benches of the tribunal in order to reduce the hardships being faced by armed forces personnel.
The AFTs principal bench is the only court which is conducting physical hearings since June 8 amid the COVID 19 pandemic.
Why has it been inaugurated-
- To ensure that proper precautions are taken during the physical hearings at the principal bench.
- To maintain high hygiene standards, sanitization of the court premises twice daily.
- To entry restriction to the Court premises to a bare minimum and social distancing norms being followed.
- The lawyers appearing before the Tribunal are separated by a transparent sheet.
- They are separated from the judges and proper social distancing is maintained between court staff and Judges.