In “Anupam & Ors vs University of Delhi & Ors.” Delhi High Court gave its nod for the Open Book Examination for Final Year Students.
OBE will begin from 10th August.
The Court has ordered to the Delhi University
“ The Court has directed Delhi University and UGC to comply with the directions passed in the order.
Directions to Delhi University include the following:
- Question paper to be uploaded on portal and sent to students’ email ID.
- Students to be given extra hour for uploading the answer sheet.
- Auto generated email to be sent confirming receipt of the answer sheet.
- Details of Nodal officer, Central Email ID to be published.
- Common Service Centre to notify all its centres by the end of the day.
- There shall be grievance officer to address the issues raised by the students. In case of a non-redressal, complaint to be forwarded to the Grievance Committee.
- Grievance Committee reconstituted under the aegis of Justice (retd) Pratibha Rani.
- Grievance Committee to function till IBE continues, complaints to be addressed within 5 days.
- OBE results ought to be announced in a short period.
The Petitioners had vehemently argued that OBE was in violation of their rights guaranteed under Articles 14, 16 and 21 of the Constitution of India by challenging the UGC guidelines which have made it compulsory for educational institutions to conduct a “time-bound” examination for final year students.