On Wednesday, Government issued new detailed guidelines for the Unlock 3 which is a part of the phased reopening of the imposed lockdown in India due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Complete guidelines for the Unlock 3 is as below:
- The restrictions which were imposed during the Night Curfew regarding the movement of people have been removed.
- Gyms and Yoga Institutes can be opened from 5th August, 2020.
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) will issue Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for ensuring the social distancing and to prevent the spread of coronavirus among people.
- Independence Day Functions have been allowed to conduct but they have to follow the guidelines issued by MHA on 21st July, 2020 like wearing of masks, thermal screening, use of sanitizers.
- Schools, colleges and coaching institutes are to remain closed further till August 31, 2020. This has been decided after consulting all the State and UT Governments.
- International travel of passengers by air is permitted in a limited manner under the Vande Bharat Mission and further opening up will be done as per the situations.
- All activities shall be permitted outside containment zones, except the following:
• Metro Rail
• Cinema halls, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars, auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places
• Social/ political/ sports/ entertainment/ academic/ cultural/ religious functions and other large congregations
Opening of the above mentioned services will be done after analyzing the situations in future.
- Lockdown shall continue to be strictly followed in the containment zones till 31st August, 2020.
- Strict perimeter control should be maintained within the containment zones and only the essential activities will be allowed.
- MoHFW will monitor the proper delineation of Containment Zones and implementation of containment measures.
- Inter-state and Intra-state movement of goods and persons are not restricted.
MHA will monitor the implementation of National Directives for COVID-19 management and Shops are required to maintain adequate physical distancing. Persons above 65 years of age, children below 10, pregnant women and persons with co-morbidities are advised to stay home and go out only if essential. The installation and use of Arogya Setu App will continue to be encouraged.